2013年11月18日月曜日

[SI] "Hello World" of Self Introduction

I would like to begin with American or casual setting as a "Hello World" example for self introduction. That is something like this:

  • Hi, I'm Aka. Good to meet you.
Variations are:

  • Hi, I'm Aka. Aka [family name]. Good to meet you.
  • Hi, I'm Aka from [affiliation]. Good to meet you.

You can briefly add your attributes, which the counterpart can't avoid to ask you to follow the context you both are in.

  • Hi, I'm Aka, the project manager of [project name]. Good to meet you.
  • Hi, I'm Aka, an IT engineer. Good to meet you.
  • Hi, I'm Aka. I work in the CE manufacturing industry for 10 years. Good to meet you.
  • Hi, I'm Aka, 32 years old, single, and I like driving for my free time. Good to meet you.
  • Hi, I'm Aka. I majored politics at [a name of university]. Good to meet you.

Economics of words always governs your expressions including self introductory statements like these.

"Good to meet you" is brief, hence the best. But you should avoid duplication in your conversation so if other guys already used "good to meet you" you should use different expressions:

  • Nice to meet you.
  • Pleased to meet you.
  • It's good to meet you.
  • It's nice to meet you.
  • It's pleased to meet you.

No-duplication of words and expressions also governs your choice of expressions.

0 件のコメント: