2010年7月11日日曜日

[CP:AMA] 2 C Fundamentals


  • 2.1 Writing a Simple Program
    `cc' of gNewSense.

    sh-3.2$ sudo /usr/sbin/update-alternatives --config cc
    [sudo] password for aka:

    There is only 1 program which provides cc
    (/usr/bin/gcc). Nothing to configure.
    sh-3.2$

  • 2.2 The General Form of a Simple Program

    Very plain and simple explanation about directives, functions and statements! Great!

  • 2.3 Comments
  • 2.4 Variables and Assignment

    • `Variable' is fascinating but troublesome term for beginners.
    • In this book, `variables' is explained as "In C, as in most programming languages, these storage locations are called variables.".
    • This statement seems to correct one as for the C standards. But the concept of variables in Common Lisp is more generalized one. For the present, I don't know the relation of these two concepts. Interesting topic for me.

  • 2.5 Reading Input

    No new knowledge for me found.

  • 2.6 Defining Names for Constants
  • 2.7 Identifiers

    I can't yet believe that beginners are able to understand and distinguish the terms such as names, identifiers, keywords, tokens and symbols at the very beginning of their study of programming languages. Especially the terminology of the C standards seems to have ambiguity in their ontology.

    As for myself, I've already learned Common Lisp, and I've accustomed with relationship of the concept of symbols and the concept of the reader and the evaluator, so I've some feeling like "Though I couldn't tell I really understand what the author wrote, perhaps, these are in the scope of what I've learned in Common Lisp. So move on!", when I've read these sections.

    It doesn't seem hygienic, but anyway, move on.

  • 2.8 Layout of a C Program
  • Q & A
    fun to read!


Still prodding away...

0 件のコメント: